Top Tips for the Morning of your Family Photo Shoot
I always send my families some tips on how to prepare for a family photo shoot, one thing I think is really important is that everyone feels excited about coming along. However, I know it can feel stressful trying to get everyone photo ready on time and so here are some of my tips for the morning of your shoot.
5 quick tips to prepare for your family photo shoot on the day:
- My most important one – don’t get the kids to practise their smiles!!! This is a hard one as I know lots of people do it, but I love the natural smiles and laughs we will get along the way, much more than a cheesy grin.
- Mums get your hair done if there is time, roots touched up, nails if you fancy it and make you number 1 in the getting ready stakes.
- Get ready with some snacks! Being on show for the camera is tiring work and snacks are nearly always required.
- Don’t stress in the morning. You don’t want it to end up being a chore, more a fun day out, for both children and adults.
- Work the shoot around babies and toddler’s naps and meals. I’m very relaxed about how long the shoot takes so if you need to stop for a short break to refuel that’s absolutely fine.
- Hang all your clothes up together with kids clothes overlaid on the parents – then you can see how the clothes will look in your family photograph and whether they will blend together nicely.If you’d like to know more about how my family photo shoots work you can see more info here or pop over to read some of the FAQs here
You can also follow me over on Pinterest for some great seasonal outfit ideas for both kids and adults.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MORE SHOOTS LIKE THIS
These days with all the different social media there are so many opportunities to use your professional headshot and some places where you should definitely be thinking about your professional profile. LINKEDIN The first one of course is LinkedIn (click here to...
I'm starting a new series for Small Business Owners with some brilliant guest blogs coming up over the next few months. The first one is from the brilliant Zoe Whitman from www.butthebooks.co.uk Zoe is a member of the Institute for Cetified Bookkeepers (ICB) and...