Best locations for your New Malden Family Photo Shoot
Here are all the best locations for a family photo shoot in the New Malden, Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Motspur Park, Worcester Park and surrounding areas.
- Mayfield Lavender, Banstead – an annual favourite in the summer for me, I love to photograph both clients and my own family here. Have a look at these blog posts about shoots at the Lavender field. What to expect at your Lavender photo shoot and if you want to keep an eye on when the Lavender shoots start booking add your details on the Lavender mini sessions page
- Nonsuch Park, Cheam – this might be my actual favourite for it’s versatility and general beauty. I love to take families here for their photo shoots in Spring, Summer and Autumn but even in the depths of winter the variety of backdrops are second to none. AND they have a fabulour cafe too.
- Canizzaro Park, Wimbledon – this is a much smaller park and so useful for much younger (or older!) legs. It’s got plenty of benches and is beautiful in the summer. I love the pink of the walled garden too. In autumn it’s beautiful with so much variety in the colour of the leaves.
- Sir Joseph Hood Park, Motspur Park – such a sweet and well kept park and one of my very near locals. I particularly love that they leave the grass more wild at the top of the park. The side path provides the most beautiful autumn backdrop for children’s photo sessions.
- Richmond Park, Richmond or Kingston depending on what gate you use. I love shooting in Richmond Park and we are there as a family at least once a week for a family bike ride, walk with our doggy friend or sometimes a run! Having a family photo shoot in Richmond Park does mean you have to pay a fee for a permit and the privilege but it’s definitely worth it as it’s super special.
- Manor Park, Malden Road, Old Malden KT3 – this is the 2nd largest park in the Kingston borough and it has a fantastic team of volunteers looking after it. It has some lovely hidden meadows and woodland that make for some awesome photos. You can see some of my photos on their website.
- Ham Common, Ham, Richmond – this is great if you love woodland. It’s super quiet and can be a dramatic backdrop for a family photo shoot.
- The Hamptons, Worcester Park – again a lovely variety and perfect if you are a resident of the estate. I love the boardwalk and of course the top of the hill is brilliant for a dramatic silhouette.
- Wimbledon Park, Wimbledon – a nice easy location if you are Wimbledon based for your family photos.
- The Medicine Garden, Cobham, a beautiful and really unusual location with a lovely walled garden and fabulous cafe. Also a great location for a personal branding photo shoot. See more info on those here.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
MORE SHOOTS LIKE THIS
These days with all the different social media there are so many opportunities to use your professional headshot and some places where you should definitely be thinking about your professional profile. LINKEDIN The first one of course is LinkedIn (click here to...
I'm starting a new series for Small Business Owners with some brilliant guest blogs coming up over the next few months. The first one is from the brilliant Zoe Whitman from www.butthebooks.co.uk Zoe is a member of the Institute for Cetified Bookkeepers (ICB) and...